Your Future Home
[Everwoods - Cortes Island | Our Team
Everwoods - Cortes Island(Eco Initiatives Inc.)
Save the forest and its wildlife
Own a spectacular stretch of the Cortes Island coastline
Build a home
Everwoods: 150 acres of fully forested coastland near the southeastern tip of Cortes Island, with 1/4 mile pebble beach, high bluffs, and amazing views over magnificent Desolation Sound and the Coastal Mountains beyond.
- There are only 15 carefully selected home sites, some at the water's edge, some on high bluffs and some in a cluster inland. All are fully serviced with buried electricity, phone, water, and environmentally friendly waste facilities.
In Everwoods, all homeowners have exclusive use of a particular home site but share responsibility for and access to the whole property. You would become 1 of 15 shareholders in a registered company, Eco Initiatives Inc., that owns the land in common and is committed to ensuring that the 150-acre forest will remain standing in perpetuity.
The entire property is protected by a covenant held by The Land Conservancy of British Columbia. The timber rights are held by a charitable foundation set up by the founders of Everwoods, The Trust for Sustainable Forestry, to ensure that any timber harvested is much less than the amount of annual growth in the forest, leaving the forest to thrive and grow over the years.
The charter of Eco Initiatives Inc., stipulates a maximum of 15 shareholders with a single vote each in managing the community's affairs. The Shareholders' Agreement elaborates on these arrangements.
- the shareholders agree to uphold the covenant protecting the land, to respect the interests of other shareholders, and to share in common costs (e.g. for taxes on the land, and annual maintenance of roads and similar facilities);
- any expenses, including house taxes, attributable to any one shareholding/site are the exclusive responsibility of that shareholder;
- shareholders are free to sell their shares, including the exclusive right to a home site and any residence already built;
- other shareholders have a right of first refusal to buy back the share, but it must be exercised or waived within 31 days;
- shareholders will act collectively, in the best interests of the community; and
- where no consensus can be reached, a 75% majority vote is sufficient.
The results are now ready to see - a few of the 15 home sites are still available.
COME AND BUILD YOUR HOME
IN A LIVING FOREST
EVERWOODS Click on the links below to learn more about this incredible property on Cortes Island.
Highlights of Shareholders Agreement (PDF--72 KB)
1127 BC37 Proposed Covenant (PDF--1.35 MB)
1127 BC37 Proposed Covenant (HTML)
Final Disclosure 1 of 6 (293 KB)
Final Disclosure 2 of 6 (557 KB)
Final Disclosure 3 of 6 (475 KB)
Final Disclosure 4 of 6 (545 KB)
Final Disclosure 5 of 6 (332 KB)
Final Disclosure 6 of 6 (89 KB)
Property Map (140 KB)
Zoning CLS-1 (PDF--36 KB)
Zoning CLS-1 (HTML) Sales Information
Sotheby's International Realty Canada
Phone: (250) 380-3933
To view the details of each property, please click on the links below:
Waterfront sites $475,000
Phone: (250) 386-6600
Phone: (250) 386-6600